Software Test Engineer
TBA is part of a multi-national group of companies and promotes a creative and dynamic work environment. We are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineers on a permanent basis in Leicester.
TBA produces market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide and is aiming for further substantial growth over the next 5 years.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. There are opportunities for career advancement within this thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
You will work within one of our Agile development teams and report to a team leader. You will be responsible for maintaining and developing the software test process within a development team.
- Maintain the formal testing process for the software products, working within the Scrum development framework.
- Help implement and maintain automated testing, code quality control and code quality monitoring systems.
- Define test plans based on user stories and user acceptance criteria.
- Liaise with customers and stakeholders during functional and operational acceptance tests.
- Manual testing of the product.
- Verify compliance of a product to internal and external quality standards.
- Create and maintain test documentation.
Typical Test Activities:
- Developing automated scripts
- Running and analysing automated scripts
- Maintaining Automated scripts
- Writing test cases
- PBI and bug fix testing
- Regression testing
- Reporting bugs
- Reporting manual and automated test results
- Writing testing and app functionality related documentation
- Test data creation
- Running and analysing emulated test scenarios
- Load testing
- Stress testing
- Participating in scrum ceremonies
- Triaging bug reports with the Product Owner
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A passion for software testing and achieving high quality standards.
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with a detail-oriented approach.
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at a non-technical level.
- Be highly motivated, with the self-discipline to manage workload and meet strict deadlines.
- The capability to self-learn (given suitable professional training).
- Patience, perseverance and conscientiousness.
- The courage to report when something does not go well in the application or process.
- You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Testing or ISEB / ISTQB equivalent, and already possess software testing experience within industry. Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Key Experience required:
- Experience in testing software.
- Experience of working in a SCRUM team or other Agile development methods beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of Software Testing using Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager or similar tool set.
- Experience of working within standardised models (IEEE 829) preferred.
- A thorough understanding of Software Test Design techniques.
- Understanding of bug management systems.
- Salary: £negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays.
- Flexi-Time policy.
- Workplace pension.
- Employee Perks Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Central UK Location.
- Fast growing and market leading organisation.
- Working in a modern office environment. Easily commutable main road/motorway access and onsite parking.
If this sounds like you, please apply here .