Automation System Analyst
Our mission is to provide integrated software solutions to simplify the operations of ports, terminals and warehouses across the globe. We are a fast growing company and this is a great time to join and grow with us. As Automation System Analyst, you will play a key role in the delivery of our Automation solutions and the delivery of our warehouse management solution, Autostore WMS. Our Automation solutions & Autostore WMS help our customers plan, track and manage all stock, inventory, assets and people right across their warehouse operations - in real time
You will be responsible to provide consistent high quality delivery of service, and play an active role in the delivery of customer facing and internal projects. In your role you will be asked:
- To be part of Service Desk team and provide customer support for automated system solutions (50% of time).
- To support Automation project team in design, development, installation, commissioning of automation systems and hardware for low level automated technology including project to service transition (50% of time).
This role is primarily office based but there will occasionally be a need to visit customer sites both in the UK and overseas. If you are flexible and willing to travel, read on!
Service and Support
- Trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving warehouse automation software related issues
- Being first point of contact via phone, email and customer portal
- Log and manage calls in the Service Desk management system
- Managing customer liaison, proactive feedback and customer queries from ticket creation to resolution
- Call triage and priority escalation with automation team engineers when required
- Creating knowledge articles and conducting training for the service team
- Part of Out Of Hours automation rota
- PLC software development and testing – preferably Siemens (Classic and/or TIA) and/or Rockwell (RS Logix 5000 and/or Studio 5000)
- HMI application development and testing
- Electrical and control system design
- Hardware specification & procurement
- Hardware configuration
Project Management Support & Implementation
- On site installation, testing, commissioning & go-live support
- Customer training
- Supervision of sub-contractors during site implementation phases
- Generation & maintenance of documentation: functional specifications, manuals, project technical files, training and health & safety documentation, test plans
Person Profile and Attitude:
- Commitment to Task - able to start and persist with specific course of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; willing to commit to additional hours of work and make personal sacrifice to reach goals. Be a completer/finisher. Have a “Can do”, flexible attitude and be committed to continual improvement.
- Team Player – able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; co-operate with team members and do a fair share of team work. Motivated to share knowledge with peers.
- Customer / Partner Orientation - able to manage customer expectations, ensuring that customers (internal/external) are aligned and informed; be resourceful to meet complex needs; recover from service failures. Ability to work with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Goal Setting - able to define realistic, specific goals and objectives; able to prioritise objectives effectively.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity - able to withhold actions or speech in the absence of important information; deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Disciplined - organised and disciplined with good time management skills.
- Salary: £negotiable, depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days’ holiday.
- Workplace Pension.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Central Location
- Fast growing and market leading organisation
If this sounds like you, please apply here .