Dev Ops Lead - TOS
TBA is part of a multi-national group of companies and promotes a creative and dynamic work environment. We are looking to recruit an experienced Dev Ops Lead on a permanent basis in Leicester.
TBA produces market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide and is aiming for further substantial growth over the next 5 years.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. There are opportunities for career advancement within this thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
- Principals of Flow.
- Principals of Feedback.
- Continual Learning.
You will work alongside the Agile development teams, the Service team, Project managers and customers, reporting to the Business Line Lead, you will be responsible for design and creation of our DevOps function, and leading the DevOps team, known as the I-Team. Utilising the existing knowledge in the team but creating a collaborative and contemporary approach to the creation of environments, building and deploying software. Working with the Test Lead and towards a mainly automated approach, the candidate must understand the principals of Flow and know how to optimise feedback loops and Continual Learning.
The development teams are working to transition to a DevOps culture and the successful candidate will be key to that objective. You will provide advice and coaching to implement DevOps technologies and guiding the team on this journey toward Continuous Integration and Delivery.
After a period of training you should expect to also become involved in both the implementation and support of our systems, which operate 24/7, gaining exposure to the full software product lifecycle.
There will be occasions where you may need to visit and work on customer sites, both within the UK and internationally.
- Experience of working with both green field and legacy systems.
- Working as part of a team within a Scrum or other Agile framework.
- Collaborating closely with local and remote colleagues to maximise overall velocity.
- Maintain and improve quality using build and deployment tools, and processes.
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders during Sprint Reviews.
- Create and maintain appropriate levels of documentation.
- Building and configuring new server platforms.
- Carrying out Incident investigation to find and address root cause.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments.
Personal Profile and Attitude:
As a DevOps Lead, you will have:
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- A good understanding of Risk and how to identify and manage it.
- A thorough understanding of Software Development methodologies and techniques.
- A deep understanding of pipeline management.
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at a non-technical level.
- The capability to self-learn (given suitable professional training).
You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree, or higher, in an appropriate subject or have equivalent industry experience.
Knowledge and experience with the following technologies/practices:
- Significant experience of SDLCs.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile working methodologies.
- Experience of DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous delivery (CD), especially within Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net Framework.
- Knowledge of industry best practice.
- Experience of Azure DevOps/TFS pipeline management.
- Good knowledge of Jenkins.
- Microsoft SQL Server Relational Database Systems.
- Microsoft Windows Server and Unix Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Grafana and Prometheus, Logstash
- Data Exchange interfaces (e.g. ActiveMQ, CAMEL).
- Good knowledge of networking.
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Some Knowledge of Visual Basic 6 and C++, for our legacy applications.
- Full Stack, Web APIs, MVC, RESTful, EF.
- Data Warehousing.
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a terminal logistics environment would be advantageous.
- Salary: £negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays.
- Workplace Pension.
- Central UK Location.
- Fast growing and market leading organisation.
- Working in a modern office environment.
- Easily commutable main road/motorway access and onsite parking.
If you are interested to talk to us about this opportunity, please apply here