As Functional Expert at TBA, you will be working on software projects aimed at making complex port operations simple to manage. We believe that simplicity lies at the heart of performance of container and bulk terminals. At TBA, we clearly distinguish ourselves from other firms, by applying state-of-the-art tools such as simulation and emulation.
The mission of the functional expert is to deliver a high value solution to our customers.
Your role as Functional Expert
In this role you are part of a team that forms the connection between customer and our development teams on a functional and technical level. Here we translate customer requirements into use cases and packages of work for our development teams. Designing and documenting requirement specifications for large scale automated terminals is an important part of your role.
Our functional experts also lead or facilitate many of the technical discussions, internally and with customers. The team also facilitates the alignment with 3rd parties on integration of systems, this includes alignment with other TBA departments (like TOS development, Front-end, …).
As part of the project team you will be working closely with Project Managers, Developers, QA/Testing analysts etc.. In the delivery phase you will be responsible for the onsite testing of container handling equipment in combination with our software and the training of end-users.
Growing and learning at TBA:
Some of our functional experts extend their role into scrum group product owner and as such are part of the senior staff of the department.
In your role, you will need to get a thorough understanding of TEAMS, the TBA equipment control system (ECS) and the role it plays for a variety of manned and automated equipment. This role allows you to move into various directions once you get familiar with the products and robotized vehicles on terminals and ECS.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has domain knowledge of the logistics industry, preferably ports and terminals
- Knowledge of large-scale automated container terminals and robotized equipment
- Knowledge of ECS and / or TOS application software and IT
- Preferable experience in container stevedoring business consultancy
- Has knowledge of QA in Software Development
- Operations research and algorithms
- Requirements specification
- Agile software development practices
- Willingness to travel
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Focus on high quality
- Pragmatic, hands-on approach
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Team player
- Customer oriented
We have the following to offer:
- Work in an international team with customers around the world.
- Smart, fun and a down to earth team to work with.
- Continuous professional challenges.
- Small company culture aimed at results.
If this job description sparks your interest and you would enjoy working in an innovative, smart and dedicated team, please apply here.