Junior Technical Platform Administrator
TBA is part of a multi-national group of companies and we are looking to recruit a Junior Technical Platform Administrator on a permanent basis in Leicester.
We produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide and we aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years. This is a great opportunity to play a key role within a demanding, fun and growing environment. naturally, there are opportunities for career advancement within this thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
Please review the Job Description below and if you are excited about this opportunity, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your experience makes you a good fit for this role.
Please email you submission to TBA Leicester personnel.
You will be based within our support service team, reporting to a team leader, working on both internal systems and those of our customers. Responsibilities will cover all aspects of hardware and software platforms, that are used to develop, operate and maintain our software products, support office staff, and run mission critical 24/7 operations.
There will be occasions where you may need to visit and work at customer and other TBA company locations, both within the UK and internationally.
- Support, develop, optimise and maintain IT systems including hardware, software and networking.
- Ensure that backups are performed, and that security and DR systems are maintained.
- Troubleshoot and prioritise assignment to server, network and system issues.
- Generate high quality documentation as required.
- Assist with the investigation, planning, deployment and migration to new and replacement systems.
- Support employees with resolving issues relating to internal hardware and software systems.
- Stay on track with professional development and develop own technical knowledge, aligned to Company objectives.
Typical activities involve:
- Procurement, implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of internal hardware - servers, pc’s, printers, network etc. – and software systems.
- Hardware implementation and support on customer sites, requiring travel and close liaison with customers in a professional manner.
- Deployment and support of software to servers and client workstations.
- Being reactive to urgent service desk and project tasks.
Personal Profile and Attitude
As a Junior Technical Platform Administrator, you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- Expertise and innovation at a technical level.
- Strong investigation and fault-finding skills.
- A positive “can do” and flexible attitude.
- High levels of motivation, with the self-discipline to manage workload and discipline to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as a detail-oriented approach.
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues and be a team player.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at both a technical and non-technical level.
- The capability and appetite to self-learn, develop skills and strive for continual improvement.
- Be supportive in developing and mentoring others.
You will hold a good set of A levels, or equivalent, and have at least 12 months’ practical hands on administration and support experience with IT hardware, networking, operating systems and software.
Hold an appropriate licence for and have your own vehicle for business travel.
Be highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Knowledge and experience with the following technologies/practices:
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux operating system installation, configuration and support.
- Network administration – LAN and WAN (HP Procurve)
- Hardware fault analysis and maintenance, including firmware/BIOS updates (HP ProLiant DL380 & HP MSA; HPe Simiplivity).
- Security solutions – Firewalls, Endpoint protection etc.
- Microsoft Windows client deployment using imaging technologies.
- Active Directory/LDAP/MDM.
- Microsoft Office 365.
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Project Management.
- Database administration (Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server).
- Support and administration of cloud-based telephony solutions.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice here.