Software Engineer - TOS
TBA is part of a multi-national group of companies and promotes a creative and dynamic work environment. We are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineers on a permanent basis in Leicester.
TBA produces market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide and is aiming for further substantial growth over the next 5 years.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. There are opportunities for career advancement within this thriving, award-winning professional organisation. After a period of training you should expect to also become involved in both the implementation and support of our systems, which operate 24/7, gaining exposure to the full software product lifecycle
You will work within one of our Agile development teams and report to a team leader. You will be responsible for design and development of code as well as maintenance and support of existing installations.
There will be occasions where you may need to visit and work at customer and other TBA company locations, both within the UK and internationally.
- Delivery of high quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
- Development of new and maintenance of existing features within the software products.
- Working as part of a team within an Agile framework.
- Collaborating closely with local and remote colleagues to maximise overall velocity.
- Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans.
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes.
- Create and maintain appropriate levels of documentation.
- Carrying out Incident investigation to find and address root cause.
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders.
- In time becoming part of the Out of Hours support team on a rota basis.
Typical development activities involve:
- Database schema modifications.
- Creation of CRUD operations in either Entity Framework or TSQL.
- Business logic implementations in C# or TSQL.
- Bug fixing.
- Some work on legacy applications.
Professional Profile and Attitude:
As a Software Engineer, you will have:
- A passion for Software Development methodologies and techniques.
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to focus on both support and new projects side of the business when required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, with a detail-oriented approach.
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at a nontechnical level.
- Be highly motivated, with the self-discipline to manage workload and meet strict deadlines.
- The capability to self-learn (given suitable professional training)
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies/practices:
- Significant experience in software development.
- C# Programming Language.
- Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Strong SQL/TSQL including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience and appreciation of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Microsoft Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server or Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Strong debugging skills.
- The ability to apply previous experience to new problems and to estimate work accurately.
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Some Knowledge of Visual Basic 6 and C++, for our legacy applications.
- Full Stack, Web APIs, MVC, RESTful, EF.
- Service Oriented Architecture. • DevOps, CI, CD.
- OOP, TDD, Design Patterns, SOA.
- Data Exchange interfaces (e.g. ActiveMQ).
- Data Warehousing.
- Development of business-critical systems.
- Release and deployments of complex, multi-layered, systems.
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a terminal logistics environment would be advantageous.
- “Extracurricular” developer activities such as open source projects, personal projects, blogs, online tining courses.
You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent and already possess software development experience within industry.
Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
The candidate will show evidence of a strong work ethic, a 'can do' attitude and care about the quality of their work.
- Salary: £negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays.
- Flexi-Time policy.
- Workplace pension.
- Employee Perks Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Central UK Location.
- Fast growing and market leading organisation.
- Working in a modern office environment.
- Easily commutable main road/motorway access and onsite parking.
If this sounds like you, please apply by applying here