.NET Software Engineer
We have a great opportunity for a Software Engineer to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. After a period of training you should expect to also become involved in both the implementation and support of our systems, which operate 24/7, gaining exposure to the full software product lifecycle.
You will work within one of our Agile development teams and report to a team leader. You will be responsible for design and development of code as well as maintenance and support of existing installations.
This role will be based on a permanent basis at our Leicester office. There will be occasions where you may need to visit and work at customer and other TBA company locations, both within the UK and internationally.
Please review the Job Description below and if you feel you meet our criteria, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your experience makes you a good fit for this role.
- Delivery of high quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
- Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans.
- Develop new and maintain existing features within the software products.
- Working as part of a team within an Agile framework.
- Collaborating closely with team members to maximise overall velocity.
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes.
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders during Sprint Reviews.
- Create and maintain appropriate levels of documentation.
- Building and configuring new server platforms.
- Carrying out Incident investigation to find and address root cause.
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders.
- In time becoming part of the Out of Hours support team on a rota basis.
- Significant experience in software development.
- C# Programming Language.
- Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Strong SQL/TSQL including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience and appreciation of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Microsoft Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Strong debugging skills.
- The ability to apply previous experience to new problems and to estimate work accurately.
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Some Knowledge of Visual Basic 6 and C++, for our legacy applications.
- Full Stack, Web APIs, MVC, RESTful, EF.
- Service Oriented Architecture.
- DevOps, CI, CD.
- OOP, TDD, Design Patterns, SOA.
- Data Exchange interfaces (e.g. ActiveMQ).
- Data Warehousing.
- Development of business-critical systems.
- Release and deployments of complex, multi-layered, systems.
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a terminal logistics environment would be advantageous.
- “Extracurricular” developer activities such as open source projects, personal projects, blogs, online training courses.
You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent and already possess software development experience within industry.
Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
The candidate will show evidence of a strong work ethic, a 'can do' attitude and care about the quality of their work.