Software Engineer - WMS
An exciting position has just opened up for a talented Software Engineer specialising in Warehouse Management System software.
The role will be based within our growing WMS software development team at our brand-new Leicester office.
Please review the Job Description below and if you feel you meet our criteria, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your experience makes you a good fit for this role.
All submissions should be emailed to TBA Leicester personnel.
- Develop new and maintain existing features within the software products, working as part of a team within the Scrum development framework.
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes.
- Work from user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans, following a test-driven development approach.
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders during Sprint Reviews.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Significant experience in software development.
- Experience of working in a SCRUM team or other Agile development methods beneficial.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Foundation Server or similar tool set.
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a warehousing environment would be advantageous.
- Oracle Database Systems.
- C Programming Language.
- C# Programming Language.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net Framework.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Some Knowledge of Visual Basic 6 and C++, for our legacy applications, would be beneficial
As a Software Engineer you will have the highest ethics and integrity, a thorough understanding of Software Development methodologies and techniques as well as a solid understanding of source code management systems.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development, the discipline to meet strict deadlines, and be able to demonstrate effective communication skills.
If this sounds like you please read the full job description here and also our Candidate Privacy Notice here.