.NET Software Engineer - WMS
TBA is part of a multi-national group of companies and we are looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer on a permanent basis in Leicester.
We produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide and we aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years. This is a great opportunity to play a key role within a demanding, fun and growing environment. naturally, there are opportunities for career advancement within this thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
Please review the Job Description below and if you are excited about this opportunity, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your experience makes you a good fit for this role.
Please email you submission to TBA Leicester personnel.
You will work within one of our agile development teams and report to a team leader. You will be responsible for development and design of code as well as maintenance and support of existing installations.
After a period of training you should expect to also become involved in both the implementation and support of our systems, which operate 24/7, gaining exposure to the full software product lifecycle.
There will be occasions where you may need to visit and work at customer and other TBA company locations, both within the UK and internationally.
- Delivery of high quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
- Development of new and maintenance of existing features within the software products.
- Working as part of a team within an Agile framework.
- Collaborating closely with local and remote colleagues to maximise overall velocity.
- Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans.
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes.
- Create and maintain appropriate levels of documentation.
- Carrying out Incident investigation to find and address root cause. • Present to and liaise with stakeholders.
- In time becoming part of the Out of Hours support team on a rota basis.
Typical development activities involve:
- Database schema modifications.
- Creation of CRUD operations in either Entity Framework or SQL.
- Business logic implementations in C, C++, C# or Oracle SQL.
- Report creation and analytics in JasperSoft.
- Bug fixing.
- Some work on legacy applications.
Personal Profile and Attitude
As a Software Engineer, you will have:
- Highest ethics and integrity.
- A thorough understanding of Software Development methodologies and techniques.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to focus on both support and new projects side of the business when required.
- Understanding of source code management systems.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as a detail-oriented approach.
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at a nontechnical level.
- Be highly motivated, with the self-discipline to manage workload and meet strict deadlines.
- The capability to self-learn (given suitable professional training). Qualifications
You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent and already possess software development experience within industry.
Be highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Knowledge and experience with the following technologies/practices:
- Significant experience in software development
- C# Programming Language.
- Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Structured Query Language (SQL) including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Experience and appreciation of Agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban).
- Microsoft Visual Studio & Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS).
- Oracle Database Systems.
- Microsoft Windows Server and Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong debugging skills.
- The ability to apply previous experience to new problems and to estimate work accurately.
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Full Stack, Web APIs, MVC, RESTful, EF.
- Service Oriented Architecture.
- DevOps, CI, CD. • OOP, TDD, Design Patterns, SOA.
- Data Exchange interfaces (e.g. ActiveMQ).
- Jaspersoft Reporting and Analytics.
- Data Warehousing.
- Development of business-critical systems.
- Release and deployments of complex, multi-layered, systems.
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a warehousing or logistics environment would be advantageous.
- “Extracurricular” developer activities such as open source projects, personal projects, blogs, online training courses.
Please view our Candidate Privacy Notice here.