Leicester, UK Full-Time, Permanent Salary depending on experience
- Significant experience of SDLCs
- Knowledge and experience of Agile working methodologies
- Experience of DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous delivery (CD), especially within Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net Framework
- Knowledge of industry best practice
- Experience of Azure DevOps/TFS pipeline management
- Microsoft SQL Server Relational Database Systems
- Microsoft Windows Server and Unix-based Operating Systems
- Good knowledge of Docker, Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Grafana, Prometheus, Logstash, ELK and Telegraf
- Data Exchange interfaces (e.g. ActiveMQ, CAMEL)
- Good knowledge of networking
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Some knowledge of C#, Visual Basic 6 and C++ programming languages
- Full Stack, Web APIs, MVC, RESTful, EF
- Data Warehousing
- Knowledge or experience of working in, or systems/processes used in, a terminal logistics environment would be advantageous
An exciting position has just opened up for a DevOps Engineer on a permanent basis.
Working alongside the Agile development teams, Service team, Project managers and customers, & reporting to the Business Line Manager, you will be responsible for the continuous development of our DevOps technologies and processes. Utilising the existing knowledge in the team but creating a collaborative and contemporary approach to the creation of environments, building and deploying software. Working with the Test Lead and towards a mainly automated approach, the candidate must understand the software development lifecycle and know how to optimise feedback loops and Continual Learning.
The development teams are working to transition to a DevOps culture and the successful candidate will be key to that objective. You will provide advice and coaching to implement DevOps technologies and guiding the team on this journey toward Continuous Integration and Delivery.
After a period of training, you should expect to also become involved in both the implementation and support of our systems, which operate 24/7, gaining exposure to the full software product lifecycle.
There will be occasions where you may need to visit and work on customer sites, both within the UK and internationally.
What Qualifications are we looking for?
You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree, or higher, in an appropriate subject or have equivalent industry experience.
- CI/CD to development and test environments
- Product Delivery to production environments
- Application Monitoring
- Continual Learning
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience of working with both green field and legacy systems
- Working as part of a team within a Scrum or other Agile framework
- Collaborating closely with local and remote colleagues to maximise overall velocity
- Maintain and improve quality using build and deployment tools, and processes
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders during Sprint Reviews
- Create and maintain appropriate levels of documentation
- Building and configuring new server platforms
- Carrying out Incident investigation to find and address root cause
- Configure, and understand application of, build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments
- A good understanding of Risk and how to identify and manage it
- A thorough understanding of Software Development methodologies and techniques
Whats in it for you
- Working within an international company
- A key role within a demanding and growing environment
- Opportunities for career advancement & professional development
- 25 days annual leave plus UK bank holidays
- Workplace Pension
- Central UK Location
- Flexible Working Hours
About TBA Group
We are a multi-national group of companies producing market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide with substantial growth plans over the next 5 years.