An exciting position has just opened up for a DevOps Engineer working within our team of developers on our terminal operating system software.
This role will be based at our brand-new Leicester office.
Please review the Job Description below and if you feel you meet our criteria, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your experience makes you a good fit for this role.
- Delivery of high quality features with optimal solutions and exceptional coding techniques.
- Work from requirements specified as user stories, user acceptance criteria, and test plans.
- Develop new and maintain existing features within the software products.
- Working as part of a team within an Agile framework.
- Collaborating closely with team members to maximise overall velocity.
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools, and processes.
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders during Sprint Reviews.
- Create and maintain appropriate levels of documentation.
- Building and configuring new server platforms.
- Carrying out Incident investigation to find and address root cause.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments.
- 2:1 BSc Honours Degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Significant experience in software development.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile working methodologies.
- Experience of DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous delivery (CD), especially within Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Microsoft Visual Studio/.Net Framework.
- C# Programming Language.
- Microsoft SQL Server Relational Database Systems.
- Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL including stored procedures, triggers etc.
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Strong debugging skills.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development, possess an inventive and creative approach to problem solving and be able to demonstrate effective communication skills, including proficiency in spoken and written English.
The candidate will show evidence of a strong work ethic, a 'can do' attitude and care about the quality of their work.