Primary Service Desk Analyst (Shift)
An exciting position for a Primary Service Desk Analyst operating within the Service Delivery team has just become available. If you're a customer-focused individual looking for a new challenge, then we'd love to hear from you!
To work within an ITIL best practice framework to provide first point of contact technical application support for our customers, who use our Warehouse & Port Applications. Working as part of a shift team (Sunday 10pm – Friday 10pm). Based at our Leicester office.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar technical IT support role, excellent problem-solving skills and have a customer-focused mentality.
Please review the Job Description below and if you feel you meet our criteria, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your experience makes you a good fit for this role. Please include salary expectation in your covering letter.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving (based on knowledge) application & database related technical issues within a SQL, Web & Server environment
- Call triage
- Being first point of contact via phone, email and customer portal. Managing customer liaison, pro-active feedback and customer queries from ticket creation to resolution
- Log calls in the Service Desk call logging system
Escalation and Ticket resolution
- Call follow through with 2nd Line Analysts, Development Leads and 3rd parties where necessary
- Flagging common issues for problem investigation and resolution
- Linking recurring Incidents to open Problems
- Customer feedback and ticket resolution
Housekeeping and Analysis
- Daily/weekly monitoring checks on customer systems following runbook instructions
- Logging and organising hardware maintenance incidents with 3rd party vendors
- Recurring activity / data requests from customers
- Review TBA Leicester’s 3rd party support contracts and flag when renewal is required
- Organise Escrow deposits
- General service desk duties as requested by the Support Team Leader
- Creating and championing Knowledge for common issues
- Maintaining documentation and Configuration Management Database
Your profile and attitude
- Can do attitude
- Team player
- Thorough; leaving no stones unturned
- Organised and disciplined
- Good listener
- Good problem-solving skills
- Customer focused
- Exposure to ITIL practices
- Previous Logistics IT experience preferable
What we offer
- Salary: £negotiable, depending on skills and experience.
- 25 days’ holiday.
- Workplace Pension.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Central Location.
- Fast growing and market leading organisation.
If this sounds like you, please apply by applying here