We are looking for a passionate 2 X Software Developer to design, develop and implement our software solutions.
TBA Group was formed in 2017, comprising of three sister sites TBA Doncaster (UK), TBA Leicester (UK), and TBA Delft (NL) – the Doncaster office was established over 30 years ago (formerly DBIS Software and Automation Ltd); we’re award-winning and one of Europe’s leading software development companies that uses simulation, emulation and software to design, implement, operate and optimise the logistic processes of container terminals, bulk facilities, airports, manufacturing plants, warehouses and other logistic systems. Through our innovative software, we produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by our customers worldwide.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, informal atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition, together with a full order book, we are recruiting 2 X Software Developers to join our team based in Doncaster. There are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation.
Ultimately, the role of our Software Developer is to work with our team of developers on our terminal operating system software, CommTrac.
So, where do you come in? This role will have several responsibilities, including the following:
- Develop new and maintain existing features within the software products, working as part of a team within the SCRUM development framework
- Maintain and improve code quality, development tools and processes
- Work from user stories, user acceptance criteria and test plans
- Present to and liaise with stakeholders; during sprint reviews or on-site during Analysis Visits / Implementations
- Create and maintain documentation
Typical development activities involve:
- Database schema modifications.
- Creation of CRUD operations in TSQL.
- Business logic implementations in C# or TSQL.
- Bug fixes and small changes to Visual Basic 6 UI
- Significant work on legacy applications.
- Release and deployment of upgrades and changes to customer production and test systems
What we’re looking for in you:
- Educated to degree level – BSc
- Demonstrable experience in software development
- .NET / .NET Core
- MVC / Web API
- Windows Services
- SQL Server 2012 upwards
- XML / JSON
- Azure DevOps
- Experience in OO methodology
- A passion for Software Development methodologies and techniques
- Highest ethics and integrity, as well as a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to focus on both support and new projects side of the business when required
- Excellent analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills, with a detail-oriented approach
- Good interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to collaborate closely with colleagues
- Strong written and oral communication skills, to both your colleagues and customers at a non-technical level
- A desire to self-learn (given suitable professional training)
- Ability to travel occasionally UK wide and overseas
Any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Experience of working in a SCRUM team or other Agile development methods
- Understanding of Microservices
- Xamarin / Mobile App development
- Database Design
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further and our working life here at TBA Group, please contact Viv Pearsons, Talent Acquisition Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies, thank you)
If you would like to apply immediately, you can do so here.