Autostore Position Determination System
The Autostore Position Determination System (PDS) module provides real-time container-handling equipment and container tracking/location information.
It measures the difference between your handling equipment and known fixed positions on the terminal. The module can form part of a turnkey Autostore container terminal management system (CTMS) solution or be retro-fitted to your terminal's existing systems and networks. It is suitable for all types of equipment, including: rail mounted gantry cranes, reach trucks, rubber-tyred gantry cranes, straddle carriers, wide-span gantry cranes and can be easily installed on new and existing container handling equipment.
What are the features and benefits of this module?
- Provides a real-time, accurate picture of the location and positioning of all containers within the facility.
- The DGPS server interface, base reference station and mobile unit are compatible with all leading mechanical handling equipment.
- Easily integrated with your existing terminal management system for seamless control and container visibility.
- Eradicates costly human errors and increases crane productivity, vessel turnaround and inventory accuracy.
- Improves your container stack and storage management and makes your terminal's space work harder, more efficiently and at lower cost - more of the time.